Whether you’re looking to install solid timber flooring, or feature timber parquetry as part of your building project, this type of material ensures you will have a unique floor design built to last.
Wood flooring products available range from environmentally sustainable solid timber to the laminated variety that imitates solid timber flooring.
Timber Floors Sydney
At the We Love Parquet we specialise in the restoration of timber flooring in Sydney and surrounds. See more details of our projects here.
Select Solid Timber Flooring
For an outstanding floor that’s hard-wearing, We Love Parquet recommends opting for solid timber. Durability and a continuing eye-catching appearance should be the qualities you consider when planning for a timber floor.
The wide variety and range of wood used for timber floorboards offer an extensive choice of grain, colour, hardness and characteristics for your floor.
Visit We Love Parquet’s services page for more details on choosing solid timber flooring.
The Benefits of Choosing a Timber Floor
Timber has a lifecycle analysis of a century and is recognised for its longevity. Fitting for any architectural style, solid timber flooring is designed for today and the future.
If you want your building project to be timeless, selecting timber parquetry flooring is the natural choice, says Ivan Kirton, director of We Love Parquet.
Solid timber is tough, and due to the unique appearance of the natural woodgrain, no two timber floors are alike. Most types also have a strong fire rating capacity.
With timber parquet flooring, the appearance will be unique to your home or business.
Other features and benefits of solid timber flooring include:
- Wood floors are naturally warm and attractive to live with.
- More energy-efficient than other flooring surfaces.
- Uses less energy and greenhouse gases in its production.
- A sustainable resource.
Make Australian Hardwood Your First Choice for Flooring
When deciding on solid timber floorboards, Australian grown hardwood should be your number one choice. These native timbers offer a wide range of colours and grain patterns. They also come with a number of essential ethical benefits:
- Timber producers in Australia are accredited and audited by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- They’re sourced only from managed native forests.
- This type of timber complies with Australian manufacturing standards.
- The wood can be traced back to the forest due to the chain of custody, managed by the FSC.
- FSC certified forests are healthy, benefit local communities and provide jobs for workers.
- An authenticity guarantee accompanies timber products through FSC certification.
- The FSC certification tracks the wood from the forest to the shelf. The FSC label also ensures that the timber came from responsible sources.
Preparation Is the Key to a Great Floor
To give you an idea, here are some of the most suitable types for your timber floors or parquetry:
- Blackbutt: (Eucalyptus pilularis) is a versatile plantation timber from NSW and Queensland. Cream to pale brown with a straight grain.
- Spotted Gum: (Corymbia maculata) this is a tough timber from the east coast. Shades of cream to brown with a wavy grain.
- Jarrah: (Eucalyptus marginata) a slow-growing tree from Western Australia. Rich red tones, more dense than oak, with a coarse grain.
- Brush Box: (Lophostemon confertus) a rainforest timber from NSW and Queensland. Vibrant colours from red to rich brown with a high density, fine texture patterned grain. It’s also resistant to splintering and wear.
- Grey Ironbark: (Eucalyptus drepanophylla) a high-quality hardwood from NSW and Queensland. Dense, hard, strong and durable with a tight grain.
- Red Ironbark: (Eucalyptus tricarpa) is extremely hard wearing and durable. Colouring from deep red to red-brown with a fine texture and grain.
- Tasmanian Oak: (Eucalyptus regnans, E. delegatensis, E. obliqua) – three eucalyptus species originating from Tasmania, NSW and Victoria. Light straw colour to red-brown. Straight, even grain, dense and resilient.
- Victorian Ash: (Eucalyptus delegatensis, E. regnans) a plantation timber that ranges in colour from pale pink to yellow-brown. Coarse texture and straight grain.
You can trust We Love Parquet with your solid timber flooring in the timeframe you have in mind.
Where Can I Find Out More About Timber Flooring?
For more information on solid timbering flooring, contact We Love Parquet.
We can advise you on timber floors or timber parquetry flooring that will suit your project and the result you have in mind.
Phone 1300 467 277 or call into our showroom at Shop 1, 193 Victoria St, Potts Point and talk to Ivan Kirton to see the range available.
We Would Love to Hear From You
To find out more about sanding and finishing hardwood floors, call Ivan on 1300 467 277, or visit the We Love Parquet showroom at Shop 1, 193 Victoria St, Potts Point NSW 2011. Alternatively, you can get in touch with Ivan via our contact page, to discuss your needs.